Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Alexis Joy Brady!!!

Alexis Joy was born on Tuesday, July 1 at 3:44 p.m. weighing 8 lbs, 4 oz., and was 21 inches long. She is absolutely the most beautiful little girl I have ever seen and I love her so much. Getting to her being born is another story, however. After almost 2 weeks of contractions and being sent home from the hospital once, my doctor finally had me come into the hospital to have my labor induced. I, of course not loving pain, wanted an epidural, so after the contractions were severe enough, I got some pain relief, until the pump on the epidural broke and it completely wore off. Unfortunately, the anesthesiologist was in surgery, so most of the worst of my labor was natural. I guess I'm tougher than I thought. Then, Alexis dropped so quickly into the birth canal that her heart rate dropped rapidly and the nurses all came in to put oxygen on me and try to bring her heart rate back up. Needless to say, that was the scariest moment of my life. Fortunately, Lexi recovered quickly. I think she just might be a bit of a drama queen. She may get that from me. After all of that drama, she was born perfectly healthy, and we were so excited to meet our beautiful girl. She is a little angel so far, sleeping 3-4 hours at a time at night, so I can actually wake up rested. She's very laid back, and loves to be held and watch everybody and everything in those few hours she's awake. Dylan loves having a baby sister, and wants to hold her all of the time. But, he needs extra attention from us right now, and is very attached to Terry. So, it's a balancing act to bring a new baby in, but I think our family is just perfect right now.



Terry, Dylan, and I went to the beach while I was having contractions, so here I am, very uncomfortable, but hoping to see my daughter soon.











Finally, meeting Alexis face-to-face is one of the happiest moments in my life. I am so blessed.











Alexis Joy ("Lexi") has beautiful blue eyes, that are very similar to Dylan's when he was born. and her hair is almost blonde. As you can see, she loves to suck on those fingers.

















Can you guess who the proud father is?















Our family when we first brought Lexi home from the hospital. Dylan was so excited to hold her.














4 comments:

The Mihalek's said...

Congratulations Brady family! What a beautiful family picture of the four of you. I'm so glad that Lexi is here now and she is just gorgeous!

May God bless you and Terry and give you the strength and energy that you need!

Love,
Staci

Rich and Darcie said...

Congrats again! We are so glad that Lexi is here, after her long awaited arrival. She is absoltuely beautiful and precious. I can't wait until she can play along with the other kiddos.

Hope you are doing well adjusting to 2 kids. I'm sure you're doing wonderful because you are a great mom!

Love you guys,
Darc

SHARLENE said...

AWWW, look at that sweet and precious picture. I am the proud grandma!!!!!!!!

I can't wait to see my grandbabies again. I've missed them since being in Orlando. Three days felt more like three weeks!

Hugs!
Mom

Anonymous said...

She is adorable!! :) I'm so glad she is finally here. I have the best niece and nephew ever!

-Whitney